Riot fears cancels England V Holland match at Wembley Stadium
Police officers deployed to stop lawlessness on the streets of London
An international football match has been cancelled after police admitted they don’t have enough officers to cope.
England versus Holland, due to take place at Wembley stadium tomorrow evening, has been called off following discussions between law enforcement officers and the Football association.
The police say they don’t want 80,000 extra people on the streets at the same time and place riots have been kicking off.
Over the next 24 hours 16,000 police officers will take to the street of the capital in a bid to curb the lawlessness.
According to the police 525 rioters have been arrested so far.
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 5 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 6 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 10 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court