Ricky Gervais dons black nose in support of The Mayhew in Kensal Green
- Credit: Archant
Funny man Ricky Gervais attended a tea party where he donned a black nose to show his support for an animal rescue centre in Kensal Green.
The comedian mingled among staff from The Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, at the fundraising event held in Hampstead.
Mr Gervais wore a black nose which was handed out to guests in advance of National Wetnose Day on September 26, which will raise funds for struggling animal rescue centres around the UK.
Organised by Mayhew supporter Angela Humphrys, the tea party raised funds for an animal shelter in Kabul, Afghanistan.
As part of Mayhew international’s work, Dr Abdul Jalil Mohammadzai regularly travels abroad to train local vets at the shelter in Nowzad, in spay and neuter techniques.
You may also want to watch:
He also carries out more complex and delicate surgery such as skin grafts and eye operations.
For more information about the Mayhew’s international work visit http://themayhew.org/mayhewinternational/break/
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours