Review: Fifa 11
It’s here - within days we’ll all be kicking off our new online seasons, clambering to get our favourite teams back to the top after wearing out our game pads on the seminal Fifa 10.
Within days we’ll all be kicking off our new online seasons, clambering to get our favourite teams back to the top after wearing out our game pads on the seminal Fifa 10.
So how does the next gen Fifa 11 square up with its all conquering predecessor?
Here’s a first look under the hood.
You may also want to watch:
The tackling system has definitely been revolutionised and there’s something very rewarding about the way in which the new 360 degree physical system lets you feel like you can get stuck in, leave a boot in if necessary, but moreover genuinely feel like you are battling for the ball.
Crossing seems to feel more intuitive, so there’s a real reason to bomb on down the wing and bang it in the box for your striker to get his head on the end of it.
- 1 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 2 QPR boss pleased with Man United win and now looking to tie down Odubajo
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 5 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 6 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
- 9 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 10 New QPR signing Stefan Johansen wants to push for promotion
Apart from that there’s a new design, new leagues and the FA cup among a host of tweaks and improvements that were well worth the money and should go down well with old a new fans alike.
Man-to-man interactions with 360 degree Fight for Possession transforms physical play from lateral jostling to full 360� collisions and new Pro Passing, where pass accuracy is determined by a gamer’s ability on the control pad, and player skill, situation and urgency on the pitch.
Play as Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayer Leverkusen and Olympique Lyonnais with Personality+, a new system which reflects individual abilities, allowing clear differentiation for every player on the pitch.
Rating: 88 per cent