Revealed: The 16 cafés and restaurants in Brent with a hygiene rating of ZERO
- Credit: Archant
A café located inside a train station features on an updated list of the most ‘dirtiest’ places to eat in Brent.
Trains & Planes Cafe, which is on platform three at Willesden Junction station, is one of 16 eateries in the borough to have been given a zero hygiene rating by watchdog the Food Standards Agency (FSA).
All 16 premises were given the worst rating available following an inspection of its premises by the council’s environmental health officers.
The number of premises given a zero rating has risen by almost a quarter in the last three months to 16 from 13.
The newest entrant to the list of shame is Willesden eatery Sabor Latino which was inspected on November 5.
You may also want to watch:
All were rated according to how hygienically the food is handled, including how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated and cooled.
The condition of their business premises’ structure including the cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities are also taken into consideration.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
In addition the way the businesses manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe also goes towards their ratings.
The ratings are then published on the FSA website.
Arena Restaurant in High Road, Wembley, two Chicken Cottage fast food shops in Wembley, Earl Derby pub in Kilburn, Young’s Peking Restaurant in Wembley, and the Trinidad Roti Shop in Harlesden, are among the most hygienic in the borough with all scoring the maximum rating of five.
To find out how your favourite restaurant scored visit the FSA website.