Residents urged to object to Dollis Hill housing development plan
- Credit: Archant
Barnet Council propose to build 230 flats on site of old depot
Residents in Dollis Hill are being urged to object to a massive housing development which could see more than 200 flats built on their doorstep causing an increase in traffic and parking.
The development, which is being put forward by Barnet Council, would see around 230 flats built at the old Parcel Force depot of Geron Way.
Although the development is not on Brent’s land, critics claim there will be a major impact on travel, parking and local services and that Barnet will need to compensate residents for the impact.
Cllr Alison Hopkins, a Liberal Democrat councillor for the Dollis Hill ward, said: “Building so many new flats right next to the already congested A5 will affect local traffic, increase competition for parking spaces and add to pressure on local services in Brent.
You may also want to watch:
“While Barnet Council benefits from the money generated by the development, Brent residents will have to deal with the consequences.”
The application was previously for 249 flats but a fresh proposal has been drawn up following complaints from Brent Council.
- 1 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 2 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 3 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 8 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 9 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
Cllr Hopkins added: “Reducing the number of flats by nineteen does nothing to solve the fundamental problems with this development.
“We are urging Brent Council to respond to this new application setting out local concerns and encourage residents who think they will be affected to do so to.”
A spokesman for Brent Council said “We were consulted on proposals for this site in October 2012 and raised objections on a number of grounds.
We are currently reviewing the changes to see if the previous objections have now been addressed and will be responding to Barnet Council when we’ve done that.”
Barnet Council failed to comment.
Residents and Brent Council now have until Feb 1 to object.
To comment on the planning application on the Barnet Council website at www.barnet.gov.uk/planning-applications (enter application number F/01932/11)