Residents urged to get rid of electrical items and help the environment
Brent residents can get rid of unwanted small electrical items while helping the environment in a green initiative starting from Monday.
Vale Farm Sports Centre in Watford Road, Sudbury, and Bridge Park Community Leisure Centre in Harrow Road, Stonebridge, will have a recycling bin for unwanted or broken small electronic equipment until the end of the month.
The scheme allows people to dispose of small unwanted or broken goods such as alarm clocks, kettles and hair dryers which will be recycled.
The scheme is being held in partnership with West London Waste Authority, who is the statutory waste disposal authority for the six boroughs including Brent, and DHL Envirosolutions, who will take the unwanted electrical items for recycling.
The scheme will ensure that electrical items containing substances such as mercury, lead, beryllium and cadmium which are harmful to the environment if they’re just put in the bin are recycled properly.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Williams, contract manager at Vale Farm Sports Centre, said: “By making it accessible as possible residents will be encouraged to bring down some electrical appliances that would have otherwise have thrown away while being able to attend to the newly refurbished facilities at the centre.
“We are really happy to be able to support such a great initiative to try and increase the amount of electrical items recycled by local residents.”
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
Items can be dropped off at Bridge Park on Monday to Friday - 6.30am to 10pm, Saturday - 8am to 6pm and Sunday - 9am to 9pm.
Alternatively you can visit Vale Farm on Monday to Friday - 6.30am to 10pm, Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 8pm
Only small unwanted electrical or electronic items that can fit inside a standard sized carrier bag will be accepted.