Residents thoughts sought over plans for former Oriental City site in Colindale
Proposals for the land in Edgware Road will see it transformed into a new Oriental and Far Eastern shopping centre
Developers will be holding a two-day exhibition where they will showcase their plans for the former Oriental City site in Colindale.
Proposals for the land in Edgware Road, which had been dubbed London’s ‘real China Town’ before its closure in 2008, will see it transformed into a new Oriental and Far Eastern shopping centre.
The mixed-used development will include a state-of-the-art Morrisons foodstore, 223 new townhouses and apartments, including family and affordable housing, a 270-seat restaurant, 600-seat foodcourt and 11 other outlets dedicated to oriental and far eastern retail.
There will be 580 car parking spaces for shoppers and residents.
You may also want to watch:
After Development Securities PLC (DS) bought the site work on the multi-million pound development was stalled by the recession.
The revised plans will see a smaller development than initially drawn up but will create more than 700 jobs.
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 4 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 5 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 8 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan
- 9 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
Matthew Weiner, Executive Director at Development Securities PLC, said: “We are very much looking forward to hearing the community’s views at our public exhibition.
“It will give the project team a great opportunity to listen to and take on board the views of the community before we submit a planning application to Brent Council and we hope to see as many people as possible at our public exhibition.”
The exhibition will take place at Merit House, opposite the site on Edgware Road, on June 15 from 2pm-8pm and June 16 between 11.30am – 5pm
For more information about the plans visit www.399edgwareroad.co.uk call 020 7323 3544 or firstname.lastname@example.org.