Residents thoughts sought over plans for former Oriental City site in Colindale
Proposals for the land in Edgware Road will see it transformed into a new Oriental and Far Eastern shopping centre
Developers will be holding a two-day exhibition where they will showcase their plans for the former Oriental City site in Colindale.
Proposals for the land in Edgware Road, which had been dubbed London’s ‘real China Town’ before its closure in 2008, will see it transformed into a new Oriental and Far Eastern shopping centre.
The mixed-used development will include a state-of-the-art Morrisons foodstore, 223 new townhouses and apartments, including family and affordable housing, a 270-seat restaurant, 600-seat foodcourt and 11 other outlets dedicated to oriental and far eastern retail.
There will be 580 car parking spaces for shoppers and residents.
You may also want to watch:
After Development Securities PLC (DS) bought the site work on the multi-million pound development was stalled by the recession.
The revised plans will see a smaller development than initially drawn up but will create more than 700 jobs.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Wembley Sailing Club offering families a free lesson in Welsh Harp
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
Matthew Weiner, Executive Director at Development Securities PLC, said: “We are very much looking forward to hearing the community’s views at our public exhibition.
“It will give the project team a great opportunity to listen to and take on board the views of the community before we submit a planning application to Brent Council and we hope to see as many people as possible at our public exhibition.”
The exhibition will take place at Merit House, opposite the site on Edgware Road, on June 15 from 2pm-8pm and June 16 between 11.30am – 5pm
For more information about the plans visit www.399edgwareroad.co.uk call 020 7323 3544 or email@example.com.