Residents thoughts sought over plans for former Oriental City site in Colindale
Proposals for the land in Edgware Road will see it transformed into a new Oriental and Far Eastern shopping centre
Developers will be holding a two-day exhibition where they will showcase their plans for the former Oriental City site in Colindale.
Proposals for the land in Edgware Road, which had been dubbed London’s ‘real China Town’ before its closure in 2008, will see it transformed into a new Oriental and Far Eastern shopping centre.
The mixed-used development will include a state-of-the-art Morrisons foodstore, 223 new townhouses and apartments, including family and affordable housing, a 270-seat restaurant, 600-seat foodcourt and 11 other outlets dedicated to oriental and far eastern retail.
There will be 580 car parking spaces for shoppers and residents.
After Development Securities PLC (DS) bought the site work on the multi-million pound development was stalled by the recession.
The revised plans will see a smaller development than initially drawn up but will create more than 700 jobs.
- 1 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 4 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 5 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 6 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 9 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 10 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
Matthew Weiner, Executive Director at Development Securities PLC, said: “We are very much looking forward to hearing the community’s views at our public exhibition.
“It will give the project team a great opportunity to listen to and take on board the views of the community before we submit a planning application to Brent Council and we hope to see as many people as possible at our public exhibition.”
The exhibition will take place at Merit House, opposite the site on Edgware Road, on June 15 from 2pm-8pm and June 16 between 11.30am – 5pm
For more information about the plans visit www.399edgwareroad.co.uk call 020 7323 3544 or email@example.com.