Residents invited to public meetings to discuss sports facilities in Kilburn and Queen’s Park
- Credit: Archant
Westminster City Council has announced plans which will impact the Jubilee and Moberly Sports Centres
Residents are invited to a series of public meetings to discuss sports facilities in Kilburn and Queen’s Park.
Westminster City Council has formally announced plans for the long running saga which will impact the Jubilee and Moberly Sports Centres.
Subject to formal planning permission, the centres in Caird Street and Kilburn Lane will merge to create one new improved centre.
Find out the latest proposals at drop-in sessions tomorrow and Saturday..
The changes will see the Moberly site equipped with two new swimming pools (25 metre main pool and a teaching pool), an eight court sports hall, boxing hall, multi-use hall, health suite and gym.
The plans did attract criticism given that the Jubilee Centre in Caird Street was to be demolished.
- 1 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 2 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 3 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 4 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 5 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 6 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 7 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 8 Neasden stabbing: Man charged with St Raphael's estate murder
- 9 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
However, council officials have announced that a new community sports facility will be built on the site; including a three-court sports hall and flexible community and activity space.
The drop in sessions run from 10am-4pm tomorrow at Jubilee Sports Centre, Caird Street, and from 10am-4pm on Saturday at the Moberly Sports Centre, The Quadrant, Kilburn Lane.
Residents are free to turn up at any time.
For more information please visit www.westminster.gov.uk/activequeenspark