Residents evacuated in Neasden as fire rips through car workshop
- Credit: Archant
Forty people were evacuated from their homes in the early hours of the morning as fire crews tackled a blaze in Neasden.
Six fire engines and 35 fire fighters were called to a fire at a car workshop on Village Way in Neasden at 4.30am on Saturday.
The single storey car workshop was completely gutted by the flames.
Around 40 people from neighbouring properties were evacuated as a precaution due to gas cylinders on site, as they can explode when exposed to heat.
The A406 near to the incident was also closed for a while. No-one was injured.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Fire Brigade said: “The Brigade was called at 0438 and the incident was over by 0714.
“Fire crews from Park Royal, Wembley, Acton, Willesden and Hendon were at the scene.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
“The cause of the fire is under investigation.”