Residents association in appeal to help homeless and vulnerable people keep warm this winter
The South Kenton and Preston Park Residents Association is collecting coats for London-wide campaign
A residents association is taking part in a charity mission to help homeless and vulnerable people keep warm this winter.
The South Kenton and Preston Park Residents Association (SKPPRA) are collecting unwanted coats which they will donate to Hands on London for their Wrap Up London crusade.
The campaign is urging people to donate coats and jackets they no longer need which will be passed to homeless shelters, centres for the elderly, youth groups, community centres and woman and children refuges.
The Windermere Pub in Windermere Avenue, South Kenton, have teamed up with SKPPRA to allow people to drop off their coats there.
You may also want to watch:
Coats can be delivered every day from 11am to 6pm up to the November 9.
SKPPRA will arrange for them to be delivered to the charity.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Wembley Sailing Club offering families a free lesson in Welsh Harp
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
For more information visit www.skppra.co.uk or http://handsonlondon.org.uk/en/wrap-up-london-2012