Resident’s fury after tree accidentally felled outside her Harlesden home
- Credit: Archant
Council worker claimed to have been dismissive about potential fatal mishap
A contract worker for Brent Council accidentally chopped down a tree which could have killed a passerby in Harlesden, a furious resident is claiming.
Peta Kennedy has been left reeling after the man felled the tree outside her home in Harlesden Gardens, while pruning its branches yesterday afternoon.
In a further twist she claims that when she spoke to the worker he was dismissive about the potential fatal consequences.
She said: “I was furious. My daughter could have been playing there. He didn’t seem to care that it could have hit someone.
You may also want to watch:
“Could you imagine if someone was walking past they would have been killed.
“I have lodged a complaint with Brent Council as I want answers.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 3 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 6 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
Brent Council failed to comment.