Renewed appeals to trace missing Kilburn man
- Credit: Archant
The distraught mother of a Kilburn man who went missing over a year ago has issued a heartfelt appeal and a £5,000 reward for information leading into his whereabouts.
Brent police remain concerned for the welfare of Robert Duff, 37, of Victoria Road, who was due to meet his family to celebrate his daughter’s 18th birthday on 12 January 2013 -but he didn’t turn up.
His family last heard from him later that evening, when he accidentally left a voicemail on a family member’s phone.
During the call, Mr Duff was heard to be in the company of a man he called ‘Gal’.
Helen Duff, his mother, said: “It’s now been over a year since we saw Robert, and it is still very difficult for all the family to deal with.
“Every day you wake up you hope that this will be the day when either the police or someone will have some news about what has happened to him or better still you hope that he will come knocking at the door.
“My husband and I listen to his voice on my phone every week just to hear him and to feel that he has not completely gone.”
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 5 Covid patient numbers in Brent hospitals remains steady
- 6 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
- 7 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
- 10 Shocking reality of Brent housing crisis shown in new data
Adding that £5000 reward for information leading to his location, she continued: “On behalf of me and my family we are asking the good people of London and beyond please help us in finding Robert.”
Mr Duff is described as white man, with short brown hair, 5’ 7” - 5’ 8” tall and of slim build.
He is known to visit the Holloway, Kentish Town, Islington and Camden areas.
The father of two was last spotted on CCTV withdrawing cash from an ATM machine at approximately 11:12am outside Sainsbury, 645 Holloway Road, Islington.
Detective Inspector Tom Williams, Brent Public Protection Group, said: “I urge anyone with information about Robert Duff to call us. This is a distressing time for his family, so please help them by giving us any information that will take us closer to finding him. I would like to reassure him that he will be treated with the utmost sensitivity.”
Anyone with information should call the Brent police Missing Person Unit on 020 8733 3771, or Missing People on 116 000.