Redknapp wants to turn the tables and get DJ back at QPR
DJ Campbell has a future at QPR when he returns from his loan spell at Ipswich Town, R’s manager Harry Redknapp has said.
The 31-year-old forward has smashed eight goals in 12 games for the Tractor Boys this season and Redknapp rues the fact that Campbell remains at Portman Road while QPR are desperately in need of goals.
“I wish he was here now, he would be useful. He is an enthusiastic player, who gives everything,” said Redknapp.
The Hoops have scored just 13 goals in 16 games this season and it is essential that they start finding the net sooner rather than later if they want to retain their Premier League status.
Despite, the terrible position QPR are in the former West Ham and Tottenham manager admits he is yet to speak to anyone in Suffolk about recalling Campbell from his loan.
You may also want to watch:
“He has done very well Ipswich. I haven’t discussed [the situation] with anybody but we need all the bodies that we can get,” added the 65-year-old.
“He has done well there so I am sure if he comes back he can do well here.”
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'