Redknapp wants to turn the tables and get DJ back at QPR
DJ Campbell has a future at QPR when he returns from his loan spell at Ipswich Town, R’s manager Harry Redknapp has said.
The 31-year-old forward has smashed eight goals in 12 games for the Tractor Boys this season and Redknapp rues the fact that Campbell remains at Portman Road while QPR are desperately in need of goals.
“I wish he was here now, he would be useful. He is an enthusiastic player, who gives everything,” said Redknapp.
The Hoops have scored just 13 goals in 16 games this season and it is essential that they start finding the net sooner rather than later if they want to retain their Premier League status.
Despite, the terrible position QPR are in the former West Ham and Tottenham manager admits he is yet to speak to anyone in Suffolk about recalling Campbell from his loan.
You may also want to watch:
“He has done very well Ipswich. I haven’t discussed [the situation] with anybody but we need all the bodies that we can get,” added the 65-year-old.
“He has done well there so I am sure if he comes back he can do well here.”
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 6 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 7 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 8 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 9 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield