Redknapp uncertain over Diakite’s QPR future
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Samba Diakite could be set to leave QPR on loan in January – but manager Harry Redknapp expects the midfielder to play a part for Rangers until then.
Diakite has played just once this campaign, against Swindon Town in the Capital One Cup, and would have been allowed to leave during the summer if a club came in for him.
No such offer materialised, however, and the 24-year-old is expected to remain at QPR until at least the turn of the year, when he could leave on loan.
However, until then Redknapp insists the midfielder has a role to fulfil. He said: “He’s here training but hasn’t got into the side. He’ll get his opportunity I’m sure. He’s been working hard and has shown a good attitude this year, so it’s up to him.”
Diakite was brought in by Redknapp’s predecessor Mark Hughes in July 2012, signing a permanent deal from Ligue 1 side Nancy after initially joining Rangers on loan.
You may also want to watch:
“Could we loan him in January? Possibly, if someone wants to take him,” added Redknapp. “I’m not mad about loaning him out because we need a squad here. He could be important to us still.”
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods