Redknapp uncertain over Diakite’s QPR future
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Samba Diakite could be set to leave QPR on loan in January – but manager Harry Redknapp expects the midfielder to play a part for Rangers until then.
Diakite has played just once this campaign, against Swindon Town in the Capital One Cup, and would have been allowed to leave during the summer if a club came in for him.
No such offer materialised, however, and the 24-year-old is expected to remain at QPR until at least the turn of the year, when he could leave on loan.
However, until then Redknapp insists the midfielder has a role to fulfil. He said: “He’s here training but hasn’t got into the side. He’ll get his opportunity I’m sure. He’s been working hard and has shown a good attitude this year, so it’s up to him.”
Diakite was brought in by Redknapp’s predecessor Mark Hughes in July 2012, signing a permanent deal from Ligue 1 side Nancy after initially joining Rangers on loan.
You may also want to watch:
“Could we loan him in January? Possibly, if someone wants to take him,” added Redknapp. “I’m not mad about loaning him out because we need a squad here. He could be important to us still.”
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 New Wealdstone signing McAvoy helps earn a draw at Weymouth