Redknapp rubbishes move for Fulham captain
Transfer news: Harry Redknapp has dismissed reports linking him with a move for Fulham captain Brede Hangeland.
The centre back is yet to agree a new deal with the Craven Cottage side despite the fact that his current one runs out at the end of the season.
The QPR manager has made it clear he intends to strengthen his side in the January transfer window and defensive reinforcements would be key to a side that has shipped 33 goals in 19 games and dropped back to the foot of the Premier League table after a Boxing Day defeat to West Brom.
When asked about the speculation linking the R’s to the 31-year-old Norwegian, Redknapp said: “I bet [Fulham boss] Martin Jol will be pleased to hear that this morning. I don’t know where that’s come from.
“That’s the first I’ve heard of it. [He’s] a good player and if I was interested I’d ring Martin or ring the chairman at Fulham.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve never made any approach at all for him.
“He’s a top player at Fulham, I wouldn’t have thought he’d be available.”
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 6 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 7 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 10 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize