Redknapp rubbishes move for Fulham captain
Transfer news: Harry Redknapp has dismissed reports linking him with a move for Fulham captain Brede Hangeland.
The centre back is yet to agree a new deal with the Craven Cottage side despite the fact that his current one runs out at the end of the season.
The QPR manager has made it clear he intends to strengthen his side in the January transfer window and defensive reinforcements would be key to a side that has shipped 33 goals in 19 games and dropped back to the foot of the Premier League table after a Boxing Day defeat to West Brom.
When asked about the speculation linking the R’s to the 31-year-old Norwegian, Redknapp said: “I bet [Fulham boss] Martin Jol will be pleased to hear that this morning. I don’t know where that’s come from.
“That’s the first I’ve heard of it. [He’s] a good player and if I was interested I’d ring Martin or ring the chairman at Fulham.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve never made any approach at all for him.
“He’s a top player at Fulham, I wouldn’t have thought he’d be available.”
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 8 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley