Redknapp blasts ‘average’ QPR high earners after Newcastle defeat
QPR manager Harry Redknapp lambasted ‘average’ players earning far too much money.
The R’s are in the relegation zone after picking up just 10 points from 18 games and it appears that the 65-year-old has run out of patience with a few individuals.
He said: “There are an awful lot of players at this club who earn far too much money for what they are.
“Far far too much money for what they are. Not all of them but an awful lot of them. I don’t want to see the owners have their pants taken down.
“There are a lot of average players here. I fined a player last week and he was earning more than anyone at Tottenham.
You may also want to watch:
“They’ve got a stadium that holds 18,000 people and you shouldn’t paying massive wages when you have 18,000 people.
“This club [Newcastle] holds 55,000 people and I bet their players aren’t earning as much as some of ours.”
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 3 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad