Redknapp blasts ‘average’ QPR high earners after Newcastle defeat
QPR manager Harry Redknapp lambasted ‘average’ players earning far too much money.
The R’s are in the relegation zone after picking up just 10 points from 18 games and it appears that the 65-year-old has run out of patience with a few individuals.
He said: “There are an awful lot of players at this club who earn far too much money for what they are.
“Far far too much money for what they are. Not all of them but an awful lot of them. I don’t want to see the owners have their pants taken down.
“There are a lot of average players here. I fined a player last week and he was earning more than anyone at Tottenham.
You may also want to watch:
“They’ve got a stadium that holds 18,000 people and you shouldn’t paying massive wages when you have 18,000 people.
“This club [Newcastle] holds 55,000 people and I bet their players aren’t earning as much as some of ours.”
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 3 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 8 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 How shared ownership is helping first-time buyers step onto the property ladder in the capital