Rayner Tapia: Wembley author’s latest Tom McGuire adventure book up for Amazon fiction award
- Credit: Archant
The fifth installment of a disabled Wembley author’s self-published adventure series has been nominated for Amazon’s top fiction award.
Rayner Tapia’s Magnificent Reveal, from The Adventures of Tom McGuire series, is up for the online retail giant’s New Breakthrough Fiction 2018 Award.
The unstoppable mum-of-three won the Pinnacle Book Achievement award for Science Fiction with the Last Enchantment, her fourth book in the series, beating writers across the Americas in 2015.
She said: “I’m blown away, I’m floating. I’ve seen my twitter account increase to 17,700 with celebrity authors and literary agents following me. I feel so blessed.”
The award winning author, who suffers from multiple sclerosis, added: “I’m really pleased people stuck by me through that whole journey of self-publishing.
You may also want to watch:
“I think ‘did I write that? Of course I wrote that!’
“People can achieve anything they want to, they must never feel disheartened. Onwards and upwards!”
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 8 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 9 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 10 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
The winner will be named on December 15.