Rayner Tapia: Wembley author’s latest Tom McGuire adventure book up for Amazon fiction award
- Credit: Archant
The fifth installment of a disabled Wembley author’s self-published adventure series has been nominated for Amazon’s top fiction award.
Rayner Tapia’s Magnificent Reveal, from The Adventures of Tom McGuire series, is up for the online retail giant’s New Breakthrough Fiction 2018 Award.
The unstoppable mum-of-three won the Pinnacle Book Achievement award for Science Fiction with the Last Enchantment, her fourth book in the series, beating writers across the Americas in 2015.
She said: “I’m blown away, I’m floating. I’ve seen my twitter account increase to 17,700 with celebrity authors and literary agents following me. I feel so blessed.”
The award winning author, who suffers from multiple sclerosis, added: “I’m really pleased people stuck by me through that whole journey of self-publishing.
You may also want to watch:
“I think ‘did I write that? Of course I wrote that!’
“People can achieve anything they want to, they must never feel disheartened. Onwards and upwards!”
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
The winner will be named on December 15.