Rangers will do their best without Blackstock
PAULO Sousa is resigned to soldiering on with a depleted front line for the rest of the season following the bizarre departure of Dexter Blackstock. Sousa confirmed after Saturday s 0-0 draw with Crystal Palace that the decision to loan Rangers leading s
PAULO Sousa is resigned to soldiering on with a depleted front line for the rest of the season following the bizarre departure of Dexter Blackstock.
Sousa confirmed after Saturday's 0-0 draw with Crystal Palace that the decision to loan Rangers' leading scorer to struggling Nottingham Forest was not made by him.
Blackstock's exit, coupled with Heidar Helguson's injury, means that teenager Samuel Di Carmine - the club's only other out-and-out striker - will lead the line for the Rs' five remaining games.
Asked about the Blackstock move, the QPR boss said: "I gave the players two days off after the Bristol City game, then Mr Paladini said to me 'he goes on loan, we've got an agreement and this is the decision from the board'.
You may also want to watch:
"We have only Sami and [Rowan] Vine is coming in after one year - he did well in those 20 minutes and I'm very happy for him.
"I'm not frustrated - I need to adapt myself, accept all the decisions and do my best with the players I have."
- 1 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 2 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 3 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 4 QPR have 'great opportunity' to reach last eight of Carabao Cup
- 5 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
Blackstock, who has scored 12 times for QPR this year, made his Forest debut in their 1-1 draw at Barnsley on Saturday.