Rangers still keen to lure Lopez
By Dave McIntyre QPR have offered Spanish midfielder Jordi Lopez the chance to stay at Loftus Road. The Spaniard, who signed a three-month contract in February, is discussing a new deal with the club. Rangers confirmed this week that they were releasing I
By Dave McIntyre
QPR have offered Spanish midfielder Jordi Lopez the chance to stay at Loftus Road.
The Spaniard, who signed a three-month contract in February, is discussing a new deal with the club.
Rangers confirmed this week that they were releasing Irish midfielder Liam Miller after he failed to impress following his January move from Sunderland.
You may also want to watch:
Defender Zesh Rehman and goalkeeper Jake Cole have also been released along with youngsters Danny Maguire and Chris Arthur, but Lopez, 28, has escaped the cull after being told Rangers are interested in keeping him.
Rangers' opening contract offer was not accepted, but talks are ongoing and Lopez's agent - ex-QPR midfielder Alex Bonnot - is hopeful the player's future will soon be resolved.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 6 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 7 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 10 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
Bonnot said: "QPR have offered a contract and Jordi is considering his options. At the moment there are discussions going on.
"We don't have an agreement yet and there are other clubs interested in Jordi, but he likes it at QPR and I know the club rate him as a player.
"We are talking and hopefully there will be more news shortly, but obviously the deal has to be right for Jordi."
Lopez had spells with Real Madrid, Sevilla - where he won the Uefa Cup in 2006 - and Mallorca before moving to Loftus Road.