Rangers still keen to lure Lopez
By Dave McIntyre QPR have offered Spanish midfielder Jordi Lopez the chance to stay at Loftus Road. The Spaniard, who signed a three-month contract in February, is discussing a new deal with the club. Rangers confirmed this week that they were releasing I
By Dave McIntyre
QPR have offered Spanish midfielder Jordi Lopez the chance to stay at Loftus Road.
The Spaniard, who signed a three-month contract in February, is discussing a new deal with the club.
Rangers confirmed this week that they were releasing Irish midfielder Liam Miller after he failed to impress following his January move from Sunderland.
You may also want to watch:
Defender Zesh Rehman and goalkeeper Jake Cole have also been released along with youngsters Danny Maguire and Chris Arthur, but Lopez, 28, has escaped the cull after being told Rangers are interested in keeping him.
Rangers' opening contract offer was not accepted, but talks are ongoing and Lopez's agent - ex-QPR midfielder Alex Bonnot - is hopeful the player's future will soon be resolved.
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 6 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 7 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 8 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
Bonnot said: "QPR have offered a contract and Jordi is considering his options. At the moment there are discussions going on.
"We don't have an agreement yet and there are other clubs interested in Jordi, but he likes it at QPR and I know the club rate him as a player.
"We are talking and hopefully there will be more news shortly, but obviously the deal has to be right for Jordi."
Lopez had spells with Real Madrid, Sevilla - where he won the Uefa Cup in 2006 - and Mallorca before moving to Loftus Road.