Radio station to take on former Arsenal players in charity football match
- Credit: Archant
A hospital radio station will take on a team of former Arsenal players and celebrities at a charity football match next weekend.
The event by Radio Northwick Park will raise funds to allow the small charity, now in its 42nd year, to continue to provide a patient visiting and entertainment service to patients within the hospital in Watford Road, Sudbury.
It will also raise money for the Arsenal Foundation, a charity launched to help engage young people in the community.
The day will include a fete filled with a bouncy castle and other fun activities.
Dan Cottrell, RNP fundraising officer, said: “It’s a week to go and we are incredibly excited. The team is ready and it’s truly going to be a family fun day both young and old will enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
“All kids go free, and there is going to be plenty everyone can get involved in, including a half time penalty shoot out against the Arsenal team.”
Australian Actor Adam Garcia , who will be playing in the RNP team, said: “A friend of mine made me aware of the charity and the football match, and I thought that what better way to help in someway than to play the game I love the most.”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 9 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
The match will take place at Harrow Borough FC on Sunday.
Tickets cost £5 and can be bought by visiting www.radionorthwickpark.org.
Children under 12 are free.