Radio Northwick Park scoops another industry award
- Credit: Archant
Station is a winner at this year’s National Hospital Radio Awards
An award-winning hospital radio team have added another trophy to their cabinet.
Radio Northwick Park scooped bronze for Best Newcomer at this year’s National Hospital Radio Awards.
Wendy Sherer picked up the bronze award at the national awards, which are hosted by the Hospital Broadcasting Association.
Ms Sherer, who has been a volunteer since March last year, said: “I’ve been with Radio Northwick Park for nearly a year, and it’s felt ‘meant to be’ from the first day I walked into the media suite.
You may also want to watch:
“The friendships, training, and experiences I’ve had as a volunteer here have carried me through some challenging months, and being honoured with this award is like icing on the cake.”
The ceremony, which brings together hospital radio stations form across the country, was held in Blackpool at the weekend.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Sudbury estate residents slam council's parking plans
Ms Sherer added: “I feel more than ever that I am exactly where I’m supposed to be, mingling with fabulous people every week at Northwick Park Hospital, as well as fulfilling on a lifelong dream to be a radio professional.
“What a difference a year makes!”
Northwick Park Hospital has been broadcasting since 1971. It is run by a group of volunteers.