Radio Northwick Park scoops another industry award
- Credit: Archant
Station is a winner at this year’s National Hospital Radio Awards
An award-winning hospital radio team have added another trophy to their cabinet.
Radio Northwick Park scooped bronze for Best Newcomer at this year’s National Hospital Radio Awards.
Wendy Sherer picked up the bronze award at the national awards, which are hosted by the Hospital Broadcasting Association.
Ms Sherer, who has been a volunteer since March last year, said: “I’ve been with Radio Northwick Park for nearly a year, and it’s felt ‘meant to be’ from the first day I walked into the media suite.
You may also want to watch:
“The friendships, training, and experiences I’ve had as a volunteer here have carried me through some challenging months, and being honoured with this award is like icing on the cake.”
The ceremony, which brings together hospital radio stations form across the country, was held in Blackpool at the weekend.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
Ms Sherer added: “I feel more than ever that I am exactly where I’m supposed to be, mingling with fabulous people every week at Northwick Park Hospital, as well as fulfilling on a lifelong dream to be a radio professional.
“What a difference a year makes!”
Northwick Park Hospital has been broadcasting since 1971. It is run by a group of volunteers.