Radio Northwick Park presenter shortlisted for industry award
- Credit: Archant
A hospital radio presenter has been shortlisted for an industry award less than a year since he joined the station.
Omar Sattuar, a volunteer at Radio Northwick Park, is up for the best newcomer category at the Hospital Broadcasting Association Awards.
The 27-year-old has been volunteering at the station since February last year and began his show ‘Press Start’ in June.
In his weekly show every Saturday morning, which he co-hosts Ladan Sadjadi, he shares words about his passion video games.
He said: “I feel really surprised, pleased and a little excited - I’ve never been nominated for anything before!
You may also want to watch:
“I love being able to talk about the odd-ball games that never make the gaming charts.
“It’s also really fun co-hosting with Ladan as she knows nothing about games, nor does she really care about them.”
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 10 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
Tessa Randell, programme controller, added: “I’m absolutely thrilled about having Omar nominated for a HBA Award.”
“Omar has been with us at Radio Northwick Park for less then a year and this really shows that quality broadcasting is worth recognising.”
The winner will be announced in March.
Radio Northwick Park broadcasts to patients at Northwick Park Hospital in Watford Road, Sudbury.