Queens Park Rangers to host Reading on opening day of new Championship season
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fixtures for new term were released on Wednesday morning
Queens Park Rangers will start the 2017/18 Championship season at home to Reading on August 5 after the fixtures for were released on Wednesday morning.
Rs will kick off their campaign at Loftus Road for the second season in a row and will hope to make the most of any post play-off hangover for the Royals.
The following weekend sees the first away game of the season, with Ian Holloway taking his men to Sheffield Wednesday, who also finished in the play-offs last term.
The opening month sees QPR visit Norwich City on August 15, host Hull City on August 19 and travel to Cardiff City on August 26.
QPR’s opening London derby of the season is at home to Holloway’s former club Millwall on September 12.
The west Londoners also face Fulham in the second month of the season, hosting Slavisa Jokanovic’s men on September 30.
- 1 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 2 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 3 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 4 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 5 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 6 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
- 7 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 8 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 9 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
The first clash of the season with Brentford takes place on November 25 as Rs bid for bragging rights over their fierce rivals.
Over a busy Christmas schedule, QPR visit Ipswich Town on Boxing Day, make the short trip to Millwall on December 30 and entertain Cardiff on January 1.
The Loftus Road outfit have the return London derby with Fulham on March 17 and visit Brentford on April 21.
The final home game of the season for QPR is against Birmingham City on April 28, before ending the term away to Leeds United on August 6.