Queens Park Rangers to host Northampton Town in first round of League Cup
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Draw was made in Bangkok on Friday
Queens Park Rangers will host League One outfit Northampton Town in the first round of the League Cup after the draw was made on Friday.
The draw took place in Bangkok, with the competition now sponsored by Thai energy drinks company Carabao.
Rs were one of 18 clubs seeded in the southern half of the draw, meaning they could not face any of their Championship rivals.
Instead, Ian Holloway’s men were drawn to entertain Northampton Town, who finished 16th in League One last season.
You may also want to watch:
The last time the clubs met was also in the first round of the League Cup back in 2006 when the west Londoners triumphed 3-2 at home with the late Ray Jones scoring the winner.
Last season, QPR made it to the third round of the League Cup before being knocked out by Sunderland at home.
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
Rs fans will not have to wait long to discover their fixtures in the Championship, with the schedule due to be released on Wednesay (June 21) at 9am.