Queens Park Rangers sign midfielder Josh Scowen on free transfer from Barnsley
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Rs land 24-year-old, who has agreed a three-year deal
Queens Park Rangers have signed midfielder Josh Scowen on a free transfer from Championship rivals Barnsley.
The 24-year-old has signed a three-year deal at Loftus Road and is the west London club’s first signing of the summer.
Last season, Scowen made 44 appearances in all competitions and also counts Wycombe Wanderers among his former clubs.
“I’m very happy to join such a great club,” Scowen told the club website after the news of his move was confirmed.
“When I met (manager) Ian Holloway and (director of football) Les Ferdinand they made me feel welcome and made me feel like I was going to be a big part of their plans, which is always great to hear as a player.
“I’ll do my best to impress the gaffer and my team-mates in pre-season and hopefully I can be in the manager’s plans and in the starting line-up for the opening game of the season.”
- 1 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 2 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 3 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 4 Battle lines drawn as school’s 3G pitch decision heads to meeting
- 5 Police officers barred for 'shameful' misconduct over murdered sisters
- 6 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 7 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 8 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 9 Handcuffing: What is the Met's new policy and why has it been introduced?
- 10 Covid-19: How Brent's current cases compare to November 2020