Queens Park Rangers: QPR recall Matt Ingram from Northampton Town loan and Joe Lumley joins Blackpool on loan
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Deals involving two Rs stoppers occured on Monday
Queens Park Rangers have recalled keeper Matt Ingram from his loan spell with League One side Northampton Town.
Ingram joined the Cobblers on a season-long loan in August, but the Rs have exercised an option to recall the 24-year-old early.
The former Wycombe Wanderers stopper made 20 appearances in total for Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink’s men during his loan spell.
While Ingram has returned to Loftus Road, fellow stopper Joe Lumley has left temporarily.
The 22-year-old has moved to Northampton’s League One rivals Blackpool on a loan deal until the end of the season and could make his league debut for Gary Bowyer’s men against Bristol Rovers on Saturday.
Lumley will be looking forward to get matches under his belt with the Tangerines, having spent this campaign as understudy to Rs number one Alex Smithies.
- 1 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 2 Brent scheme helping people with disabilities after Covid
- 3 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 4 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 5 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86
- 6 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 7 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 8 Four adults and child rescued from roof as blaze destroys flat
- 9 West Hampstead and Kilburn up first for new team to battle fly-tipping
- 10 HS2: Government hails 'incredible momentum' as Old Oak Common work continues
With Lumley now on loan at Blackpool, the role of back-up to Smithies will likely be performed by Ingram following his return from Northampton.