Queens Park Rangers: QPR defender Alex Finney rejoins Maidstone United on loan until end of campaign
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Centre-back has already appeared 13 times for Stones in National League, scoring once
Queens Park Rangers defender Alex Finney has rejoined National League outfit Maidstone United on loan until the end of the season.
Finney joined the Kent club on loan in August on a deal that initially lasted until January.
In that time, the 21-year-old made 13 league appearances for Jay Saunders’ men and netted the winner against Chester at the end of October.
Though currently sidelined with a jaw injury, the centre back will hope to remain a regular part of the Maidstone team.
And United boss Saunders is thrilled to be able to keep hold of Finney until the end of the campaign.
“I am delighted to get the loan extended and that he’s our player until the end of the season,” Saunders told the Maidstone website.
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 5 Covid patient numbers in Brent hospitals remains steady
- 6 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
- 7 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 8 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
- 9 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 10 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86
“Before the injury happened we had agreement to extend and it’s good to get it over the line.
“QPR have been superb and a pleasure to deal with. Like us, they just want to see Alex fit and playing again as soon as possible.”