Queens Park Rangers: Nedum Onuoha gutted to be ruled out for three months with hamstring injury
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Rs captain set for spell on sidelines after picking up knock against Millwall earlier this month
Queens Park Rangers captain Nedum Onuoha hopes to be back playing sooner rather than later after being ruled out for three months with a hamstring injury.
The 30-year-old sustained the injury in the first half of the Rs’ 2-2 draw at home to Millwall earlier this month, going off at half time.
The extent of the injury has now been fully revealed, with the former Manchester City man unlikely to be back in action for QPR before the New Year.
But despite the setback, Onuoha remained upbeat about his upcoming prolonged spell on the sidelines.
You may also want to watch:
“Sitting on the sidelines is a strange feeling for me. I think I’ve been out for this long only three times in my career — the last being around two-and-a-half years ago,” he told the club website.
“Most of our squad have never seen me miss a training session through injury — let alone a game!
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
“I’m very fortunate to have had the injury record that I do. Fingers crossed that I can make a speedy return.”