Queens Park Rangers: Matt Ingram joins Northampton Town on loan
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
QPR keeper moves to Cobblers on season-long loan
Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper Matt Ingram has joined Northampton Town of League One on a season-long loan.
The 23-year-old initially moved to QPR from League Two side Wycombe Wanderers for £450,000 in January 2016, penning a deal until the summer of 2020.
However, Ingram has found league chances hard to come by since moving to Loftus Road, appearing just four times in the Championship.
Instead, Ingram has been mostly limited to appearances in cup matches for the Rs, featuring once in the FA Cup and five times in the EFL Cup.
You may also want to watch:
The former Wycombe man’s last appearance for Ian Holloway’s men came in the 4-1 defeat at home to Brentford in the EFL Cup earlier this month, having also kept a clean sheet against Northampton in the previous round.
Ingram joins Town with the Cobblers on the lookout for a new manager, having parted company with Justin Edinburgh just hours before the keeper signed on loan on Thursday afternoon.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 4 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley