Queens Park Rangers: Massimo Luongo delighted to win QPR player of the season award
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Rs midfielder beat Luke Freeman and Alex Smithies to win award
Massimo Luongo paid tribute to the Queens Park Rangers fans after they voted him the club’s player of the season.
The Australia international has been a vital cog in the heart of midfield for the Rs this season, scoring six goals and providing three assists.
Those statistics helped the 25-year-old beat Luke Freeman and Alex Smithies to the award, and Luongo was honoured to receive the prize.
“This award will give me a great boost,” Luongo told the club website.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel I’ve played well for most of the season, but I’ve really enjoyed the last few months when the goals have come and we’ve played some good stuff at times.
“The fans have been brilliant with me since I arrived at Loftus Road and I’m very grateful to them for voting for me.”
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 9 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 10 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
Luongo also thanked QPR boss Ian Holloway, believing his management of the Australian has helped the former Swindon Town man enjoy a successful term.
“The gaffer has been brilliant with me. He’s put his trust in me this season, even after international trips when some manager’s in the past have pulled me out,” added the 25-year-old.
“I feel I’ve benefitted from that and hopefully now I can take this form into the World Cup.”