Queens Park Rangers manager Ian Holloway leaves the club
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Manager Ian Holloway has left Queens Park Rangers with immediate effect after leading the side to a 16th place finish in the Championship this season.
The 55-year-old returned to Loftus Road for a second stint as manager at the club in November 2016 but will now leave the hot seat.
During his time at the club he was in charge of 80 matches picking up 26 wins, 14 draws and 40 losses.
CEO Lee Hoos said: “On behalf of the board we are hugely grateful to Ian for his incredible efforts during his time with us.
“He joined us at critical stage as we looked to reduce the wage ball, bring in younger talent and remain competitive on the pitch at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
“That is no easy task and it was down to his desire, love for the club and hard work that achieved these goals.
“However, we are now looking to take the next step as we continue to work through what is a vital period of transition for the football club.”
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 5 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 8 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 9 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
Director of football Les Ferdinand added: “We would like to place on record our sincere thanks to Ian for all his efforts.
“His enthusiasm and passion for the club can never be questioned and we are immensely grateful to him for helping us during his time here.
“He will always be welcomed back to Loftus Road with open arms.”
The club will be making an announcement about his replacement in the coming weeks.