Queens Park Rangers: Late pressure from QPR had Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic worried
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Rs nearly made a late, great comeback in west London derby against Cottagers
Queens Park Rangers’ late onslaught in their loss to Fulham in the Championship on Friday had Cottagers boss Slavisa Jokanovic breathing a sigh of relief at the final whistle.
With the Rs trailing 2-0 heading into nine minutes of stoppage time, Conor Washington struck in the second minute of time added on to set up a grandstand finish.
Sadly, no second QPR goal was forthcoming as the Cottagers claimed all three points at Loftus Road.
The hosts’ late charge, though, had Jokanovic worried and the Fulham boss was pleased to survive the pressure from QPR at the death.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m always happy, especially when we win a west London derby,” Jokanovic told the Fulham website. “I am happy for the supporters, too. I believe we deserved it.
“At the end we suffered when QPR were in our territory and they started to push us in the box with many players.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
“I must be satisfied because we survived this complicated moment. We suffered after their goal, but fortunately we defended well and won the game.”