Queens Park Rangers: Ian Holloway to welcome several players back to starting XI for game at Cardiff City
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
QPR boss made 10 changes for Carabao Cup loss on Tuesday, and could make a similar number of alterations again this weekend
Queens Park Rangers boss Ian Holloway is set to restore plenty of faces to his starting XI for the trip to Sky Bet Championship leaders Cardiff City on Saturday.
After beating Hull City in the league last weekend, Holloway made 10 changes for Tuesday’s Carabao Cup tie at home to Brentford, which QPR lost 4-1.
For the trip across the border this weekend, the likes of Conor Washington, Nedum Onuoha and Alex Smithies are all expected to start.
Matt Smith could also be in from the get-go, having come off the bench to score the equaliser against Hull and also not starting against the Bees in midweek.
On-loan winger Kazenga LuaLua may also return to action after missing the cup loss following the death of his father last Friday.
A shortage of centre-backs may see Holloway revert to a back four in the league, with James Perch, Joel Lynch and Grant Hall, as well as midfielder Jordan Cousins, among those to miss the trip through injury.
- 1 Pensioner dies and bus passengers injured in Wembley collision
- 2 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 3 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 8 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 9 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 10 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
Probable XI: Smithies; Furlong, Onuoha, Baptiste, Bidwell; Luongo, Scowen, Freeman; LuaLua, Smith, Washington