Queens Park Rangers: Ian Holloway to welcome several players back to starting XI for game at Cardiff City
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
QPR boss made 10 changes for Carabao Cup loss on Tuesday, and could make a similar number of alterations again this weekend
Queens Park Rangers boss Ian Holloway is set to restore plenty of faces to his starting XI for the trip to Sky Bet Championship leaders Cardiff City on Saturday.
After beating Hull City in the league last weekend, Holloway made 10 changes for Tuesday’s Carabao Cup tie at home to Brentford, which QPR lost 4-1.
For the trip across the border this weekend, the likes of Conor Washington, Nedum Onuoha and Alex Smithies are all expected to start.
Matt Smith could also be in from the get-go, having come off the bench to score the equaliser against Hull and also not starting against the Bees in midweek.
You may also want to watch:
On-loan winger Kazenga LuaLua may also return to action after missing the cup loss following the death of his father last Friday.
A shortage of centre-backs may see Holloway revert to a back four in the league, with James Perch, Joel Lynch and Grant Hall, as well as midfielder Jordan Cousins, among those to miss the trip through injury.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 7 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 8 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Michelin-starred Atul Kochlar to open Indian in Wembley Park
Probable XI: Smithies; Furlong, Onuoha, Baptiste, Bidwell; Luongo, Scowen, Freeman; LuaLua, Smith, Washington