Queens Park Rangers: Ian Holloway nominated for Championship Manager of the Month award
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
QPR boss recognised for leading team to unbeaten October
Queens Park Rangers boss Ian Holloway has been nominated for the Sky Bet Championship Manager of the Month award for October.
The 54-year-old led QPR to an unbeaten month, including wins at Loftus Road against high-flying Wolverhampton Wanderers and Sheffield United.
After starting October with frustrating 1-1 draws at Sunderland and Bolton Wanderers, Holloways trusted his methods and his players.
Following the draws, the home wins against Wolves and the Blades in the space of four days ensured QPR pick up eight points from four unbeaten games in October.
You may also want to watch:
Holloway is up for the award along with Phil Parkinson (Bolton), Gary Rowett (Derby County) and Dean Smith (Brentford).
The winner of the award for October will be announced on Friday, with the victory picked by a judging panel comprised of former Ipswich Town manager George Burley, pundit Don Goodman; EFL marketing director Drew Barrand, LMA director Olaf Dixon and Sky Bet EFL Trader Mikey Mumford.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 5 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 8 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 9 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 10 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win