Queens Park Rangers: FA investigate clash between QPR defender Jack Robinson and Wolverhampton Wanderers forward Jota
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Rs defender appeared to lash out at Wolves man during Championship match
The Football Association is investigating a clash between Wolverhampton Wanderers striker Diogo Jota and Queens Park Rangers defender Jack Robinson.
Former Liverpool defender Robinson appeared to lash out at Jota in Wolves’ 2-1 win on Saturday and the FA has launched a probe into the incident, Press Association Sport understands.
It was missed by the officials but was caught on film by a fan from Molineux’s South Bank, which shows Robinson appearing to strike Jota off the ball.
The video was circulated on social media and has been brought to the FA’s attention.
You may also want to watch:
The win for Wolves left Nuno Espirito Santo’s side 12 points clear at the top of the table.
QPR suffered a defeat on their trip to Molineux despite a goal from Northern Ireland international Conor Washington, with Alfred N’Diaye and Helder Costa on target for hosts Wolves, who currently lead the way in the Championship and look on course for a return to the Premier League.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report