Queens Park Rangers: Defender Alex Finney joins Maidstone United on loan
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
QPR youngsters head to Stones of National League on temporary deal until January 6
Queens Park Rangers defender Alex Finney has joined Maidstone United of the National League on loan until January 6.
A regular in Paul Hall’s QPR under-23s squad last season, the 21-year-old has moved to the Gallagher Stadium in time for the new term of non-league’s top flight, which gets underway this weekend.
Finney could make his debut for Stones when they host Maidenhead United, who were promoted from the National League South, this weekend, and the youngster is looking forward to getting started at the Kent club.
“I was delighted when my agent spoke to me about the potential loan and I was excited about the loan,” Finney told the Maidstone website.
You may also want to watch:
“I have friends here who say what a good club it is to be at, so I’m happy and ready to go.
“I’ve got a winner’s mentality, so I give it everything all of the time, regardless of the game or anything else.”
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 9 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 10 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council