Queens Park Rangers: Conor Washington, Yeni Ngbakoto and Kazenga LuaLua called up for international duty
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
QPR striker set to feature to Northern Ireland, while wingers will link up with Congo DR
Queens Park Rangers forward Conor Washington has been called up to the Northern Ireland squad for their World Cup qualifiers against Germany and Norway next month.
The Green And White Army have already secured at least second place in Group C, but could still qualify automatically if results go their way.
Michael O’Neill’s men host Germany on October 5, before travelling to Oslo four days later to face Norway.
Washington has 10 caps for Northern Ireland, scoring three goals.
Yeni Ngbakoto and Kazenga LuaLua, meanwhile, have both been called up to the Congo DR squad for their World Cup qualifier next month.
The Leopards are ‘away’ to Libya on October 7, with the match set to take place in Tunisia due to the ongoing conflict in Libya.
- 1 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 5 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 6 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
- 7 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 8 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
With two games remaining in Group A, Florent Ibenge’s men are three points behind current leaders Tunisia, with only the group winners qualifying for next summer’s tournament in Russia.