Queens Park Rangers: Conor Washington says there were reasons for optimism in defeat to Bournemouth
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
QPR suffered 1-0 loss at home to Premier League outfit the Cherries on Saturday, but Northern Ireland attacker knows there were some good signs
Queens Park Rangers forward Conor Washington says the club must draw on the positives from their 1-0 friendly loss at home to Bournemouth ahead of the new Championship season.
Jordon Ibe’s goal for the Cherries in the 41st minute was the difference on Saturday as QPR were beaten by their Premier League visitors.
However, there were good signs aplenty for the west Londoners as they created a host of opportunities, especially in the opening 25 minutes at Loftus Road.
And while the result was disappointing, Washington knows there were reasons for QPR fans to be optimistic with the new Championship term to start at home to Reading on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a disappointing result, but the signs were there, especially in the first half,” said the Northern Ireland international.
“I thought we did well and I had a couple of chances myself. If one of those went in, then it’s a totally different game.
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
“On the basis of play, we knew they were going to have more of the play, but how many chances did they really create compared to us?
“There are positive signs going into the new season, we just need to work this week on the shape and get it nailed down going into the first game.”