Queens Park Rangers: Bright Osayi-Samuel joins from Blackpool on a three-year deal
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
QPR sign youngster from Tangerines for undisclosed fee
Queens Park Rangers completed the signing of Blackpool teenager Bright Osayi-Samuel on a three-year deal on Friday evening – almost a day after the transfer window closed.
A statement on the Rs website confirmed the reason behind the delay was a temporary communications issue with the Tangerines, with both clubs waiting to see if the EFL were satisfied the necessary documentation has been sent in time.
Once that was resolved, the west Londoners were free to announce the signing of the winger, who arrives for an undisclosed fee.
“I’m happy to get the deal done – and the hard work starts now for me. I just want to show my worth to this team and repay the club for bringing me here,” the 19-year-old told the club website.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course this is a step-up for me, but I am confident in my own ability and believe I can improve as a player here.
“Last season was a positive one for me. But this feels like the natural next step for me. I’m still young but this feel like the right time. I feel I’m ready.”
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 3 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 4 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 5 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 8 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting