Queens Park Rangers: Alex Baptiste joins QPR atfer signing two-year deal
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Versatile defender arrives at Loftus Road on a free transfer following his release from Middlesbrough earlier this summer
Queens Park Rangers have signed Alex Baptiste on a two-year deal following the defender’s release from Championship rivals Middlesbrough.
The 31-year-old, who can play both at right-back and in the middle of defence, previously worked under current QPR boss Ian Holloway at Blackpool.
And Baptiste, who started his professional career with Mansfield Town, is looking forward to linking up with Holloway once again.
“I’m very excited to be working with Ian Holloway again,” Baptiste told the club website.
You may also want to watch:
“Working with him at Blackpool was the best time of my career. We had an unbelievable team spirit there and he was the biggest part of that.
“QPR is a massive club and I am really looking forward to being part of the squad.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 QPR suffer defeat to rivals Fulham
- 9 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
“I’m an honest lad who gives 100 per cent. I will give it my all, I will leave it all on the pitch and hopefully it will be good enough.
“I’ve played at Loftus Road before. It’s so tight and the crowd are on top of you, so hopefully we can keep getting the wins, keep getting the crowds in and make the place a fortress.”
Baptiste is eligible to make his QPR debut in the west Londoners’ League Cup clash at home to Northampton Town on Tuesday night.