Queens Park Rangers: Alex Baptiste joins QPR atfer signing two-year deal
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Versatile defender arrives at Loftus Road on a free transfer following his release from Middlesbrough earlier this summer
Queens Park Rangers have signed Alex Baptiste on a two-year deal following the defender’s release from Championship rivals Middlesbrough.
The 31-year-old, who can play both at right-back and in the middle of defence, previously worked under current QPR boss Ian Holloway at Blackpool.
And Baptiste, who started his professional career with Mansfield Town, is looking forward to linking up with Holloway once again.
“I’m very excited to be working with Ian Holloway again,” Baptiste told the club website.
“Working with him at Blackpool was the best time of my career. We had an unbelievable team spirit there and he was the biggest part of that.
“QPR is a massive club and I am really looking forward to being part of the squad.
- 1 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 2 Polio virus detected in sewage in Brent
- 3 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 6 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 7 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 8 Funeral director arrested after 4 bodies found 'improperly stored' in Wembley
- 9 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 10 Party patrols return as barber’s rave shut down
“I’m an honest lad who gives 100 per cent. I will give it my all, I will leave it all on the pitch and hopefully it will be good enough.
“I’ve played at Loftus Road before. It’s so tight and the crowd are on top of you, so hopefully we can keep getting the wins, keep getting the crowds in and make the place a fortress.”
Baptiste is eligible to make his QPR debut in the west Londoners’ League Cup clash at home to Northampton Town on Tuesday night.