Queens Park Rangers 4 Bromley 0: Conor Washington brace helps QPR tame Ravens in first pre-season friendly
Friendly: Queens Park Rangers 4 (Washington 17, 40, Smith 39, Sylla 67) Bromley 0
Queens Park Rangers beat National League outfit Bromley in their first pre-season friendly of the summer.
In a behind-closed-doors game played at the Rs’ training ground in Harlington, a Conor Washington brace and further strikes from Matt Smith and Idrissa Sylla guided the hosts to victory.
Washington opened the scoring for the west Londoners in the 17th minute, pouncing on an error in the Ravens defence, before firing home.
Strike partner Smith doubled the advantage for Ian Holloway’s men in the 39th minute, nodding a Luke Freeman corner into the net.
Less than a minute later, Washington was at the double when he volleyed in from 12 yards after Smith had headed the ball down into his path.
With an entirely difference QPR XI on the pitch for the second half, Sylla completed the rout in the 67th minute with a powerful effort on the turn.
- 1 Wembley teen killed in collision named as police seek to trace Ford van
- 2 Brent headteacher fears pupils could bring in knives without uniform policy
- 3 Everything But the Girl singer launches bid to save Welsh Harp
- 4 Brent tower block plans may fall foul of planning law
- 5 New college planned to bring post-school education in Wembley
- 6 Judicial review could 'stop GP surgery privatisation'
- 7 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 8 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 9 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 10 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
QPR’s next friendly is on July 15 when they make the trip to League One outfit Peterborough United.
QPR (first half): Smithies; Furlong, Perch, Lynch, Robinson; Cousins, Manning; Bowler, Washington, Freeman; Smith.
QPR (second half): Ingram; Kakay, Onuoha, Hamalainen, Bidwell; Hall, Goss; Mackie, Ngbakoto, Eze (Grego-Cox); Sylla.