Queens Park Community School student achieves 13 GCSE A*s, one A and an A* distinction
- Credit: Archant
A student at Queens Park Community School came away with a staggering 15 top grade GCSEs today.
Sze-Ching Cheung achieved no less than 13 A*s, one A and an A* distinction.
Other notable high achievers at the school in Aylestone Avenue, Brondesbury,included Minnie Randle who gained 11A*s and one A grade and Ailsa Irving with nine A*s, one A* distinction and one A.
Overall, this year has seen the highest ever number of A* and A grades at the school.
The top ranked individuals gained a remarkable 111 A* grades between them with an additional six gaining the new A* distinction in further maths.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Hulme, head teacher, said: “The results of the vast majority of our students have been outstanding this year and the number of the highest grades has been amazing.
“This is down to the hard work of the students and my staff.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 9 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 10 Wealdstone settle for a draw against Aldershot Town
“We are disappointed that the examination boards have adjusted the GCSE English results, once more, which has had an effect on our overall figure.
“This cannot take away the wonderful individual performances of the young people.
“I am so delighted for them.”