Queens Park Community School student achieves 13 GCSE A*s, one A and an A* distinction
- Credit: Archant
A student at Queens Park Community School came away with a staggering 15 top grade GCSEs today.
Sze-Ching Cheung achieved no less than 13 A*s, one A and an A* distinction.
Other notable high achievers at the school in Aylestone Avenue, Brondesbury,included Minnie Randle who gained 11A*s and one A grade and Ailsa Irving with nine A*s, one A* distinction and one A.
Overall, this year has seen the highest ever number of A* and A grades at the school.
The top ranked individuals gained a remarkable 111 A* grades between them with an additional six gaining the new A* distinction in further maths.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Hulme, head teacher, said: “The results of the vast majority of our students have been outstanding this year and the number of the highest grades has been amazing.
“This is down to the hard work of the students and my staff.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 3 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 4 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 5 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 6 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 7 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 8 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 9 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 10 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
“We are disappointed that the examination boards have adjusted the GCSE English results, once more, which has had an effect on our overall figure.
“This cannot take away the wonderful individual performances of the young people.
“I am so delighted for them.”