Queen’s Park vet wins prestigious industry award
Zaila Dunbar scooped the coveted ‘Vet of the Year’ title
An animal lover who dedicates her life to caring for Brent’s poorly animals has been named the country’s best vet at an annual award ceremony.
Zaila Dunbar, who works at Queens Park Veterinary Clinic in Lonsdale Road, Queen’s Park, fended off stiff competition from 3,000 other applicants to be handed the title of ‘Vet of the Year’.
The 36-year-old said: “I’m completely overwhelmed; this is such a wonderful award to receive and a fantastic achievement.”
Zaila has been working at the clinic for the last seven years caring for Brent residents’ injured animals but she was quick to praise both her co-workers and other animal lovers in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve learnt so much from all the clients and people I work with and their continued support makes me who I am” – she said.
Zaila was crowned the winner based on both her extensive medical knowledge and empathy towards animals.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 9 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
Isabella von Mesterhazy, head of marketing at Petplan’s, who organise the awards explained: “The awards are about thanking the Veterinary profession for the outstanding level of care they provide to our animals.
“Zaila is a fantastic example of the exceptional service vets provide to clients and their pets.
“We are delighted to name her Petplan’s Vet of the Year 2012.”