Queen’s Park school hosts festive fair
Event at Salusbury Primary School is raising money for a refurbished playground
A primary school in Queen’s Park entered the festive spirit this weekend by hosting a family winter fair.
Salusbury Primary School, in Salusbury Road, held a day of entertainment and festive cheer on Saturday.
The school’s African drumming group Ewasere entertained visitors, who were also treated to songs & carols from two choirs, New Voices and Salusbury Singers.
Young dancers from Queen’s Park Performing Arts also gave a lively hip hop show.
You may also want to watch:
The event, which was organised by the Friends of Salusbury School (FOS) and supported by the Queen’s Park Partnership, raised more than �4,000 for the school.
A current priority is to redevelop the school playground.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 3 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 4 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 7 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 8 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 9 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 10 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
Other seasonal activities including Christmas crafts, wand dipping, cookie decorating, face painting, and fairground rides also provided entertainment.
A selection of hot food from across the globe was also laid on to keep revellers warm.
Liza Ramrayka, co-chair of the Friends of Salusbury School, said: “We had a fantastic family day: the sun shone, the mulled wine warmed and Santa & his elves spread their festive cheer.
“The school is grateful to Queen’s Park Partnership for its ongoing support for the Christmas Fair.”