Queen’s Park school hosts festive fair
Event at Salusbury Primary School is raising money for a refurbished playground
A primary school in Queen’s Park entered the festive spirit this weekend by hosting a family winter fair.
Salusbury Primary School, in Salusbury Road, held a day of entertainment and festive cheer on Saturday.
The school’s African drumming group Ewasere entertained visitors, who were also treated to songs & carols from two choirs, New Voices and Salusbury Singers.
Young dancers from Queen’s Park Performing Arts also gave a lively hip hop show.
You may also want to watch:
The event, which was organised by the Friends of Salusbury School (FOS) and supported by the Queen’s Park Partnership, raised more than �4,000 for the school.
A current priority is to redevelop the school playground.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 8 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
Other seasonal activities including Christmas crafts, wand dipping, cookie decorating, face painting, and fairground rides also provided entertainment.
A selection of hot food from across the globe was also laid on to keep revellers warm.
Liza Ramrayka, co-chair of the Friends of Salusbury School, said: “We had a fantastic family day: the sun shone, the mulled wine warmed and Santa & his elves spread their festive cheer.
“The school is grateful to Queen’s Park Partnership for its ongoing support for the Christmas Fair.”