Queen’s Park’s Francesca Martinez leads star-studded comedy fundraiser in aid of Gaza humanitarian crisis
- Credit: Archant
Francesca Martinez, Sara Pascoe and Alexei Sayle are among the big comedy names performing at a charity fundraiser in aid of a humanitarian project in Gaza.
Brent Friends of Palestine are hosting Stand-Up for Gaza at the YAA Centre in Chippenham Mews, Maida Vale, tomorrow (Fri) at 7.45pm.
Compered by Ian Saville, Brent’s socialist magician, the event is to support the Palestine Trauma Centre, which offers emotional and therapeutic support to children and their families who have been affected by Israeli attacks on Gaza.
The centre runs the Fridays of Joy project, which regularly takes entertainers, play workers and therapists into refugee camps and schools to offer children who have been emotionally damaged by loss, injury and living conditions a fun experience.
Francesca Martinez, who lives in Queen’s Park, said: “This is a fantastic cause that I want to support.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £17.50 and are only at www.wegottickets.com/event/435208 – not on the door.
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 6 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 7 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 8 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer