Queen’s Park needs your vote to win national competition
Residents urged to support award-winning open space
Residents are being urged to show their support for Queen’s Park by voting for it to win a national competition.
The green space in one of the 1,290 open spaces with a coveted Green Flag Award in the running for the People’s Choice Award.
Queen’s Park is the home to six all-weather tennis courts, a pitch-and-putt course, a petanque pitch, an ornamental garden, a children’s playground with paddling pool and a caf�.
The competition to reach the top spot is hotting up, with more than 4,500 votes cast already, so the City of London Corporation, who run the park, need residents to cast their votes.
Richard Gentry, manager of Queen’s Park said: “Achieving Green Flag status is in itself a testament to the hard work and dedication of staff and volunteers who have worked throughout the year to maintain and protect Queen’s Park.
“My colleagues and I are very keen to beat the competition to the top spot and get the credit that the Park, and everyone involved with it, deserves.”
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 4 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 5 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 6 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 9 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 10 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
To register your vote visit www.greenflagaward.org.uk.