Queen’s Park needs your vote to win national competition
Residents urged to support award-winning open space
Residents are being urged to show their support for Queen’s Park by voting for it to win a national competition.
The green space in one of the 1,290 open spaces with a coveted Green Flag Award in the running for the People’s Choice Award.
Queen’s Park is the home to six all-weather tennis courts, a pitch-and-putt course, a petanque pitch, an ornamental garden, a children’s playground with paddling pool and a caf�.
The competition to reach the top spot is hotting up, with more than 4,500 votes cast already, so the City of London Corporation, who run the park, need residents to cast their votes.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Gentry, manager of Queen’s Park said: “Achieving Green Flag status is in itself a testament to the hard work and dedication of staff and volunteers who have worked throughout the year to maintain and protect Queen’s Park.
“My colleagues and I are very keen to beat the competition to the top spot and get the credit that the Park, and everyone involved with it, deserves.”
- 1 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 2 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 3 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 4 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 10 Labour wins Brondesbury Park in tightly contested by-election
To register your vote visit www.greenflagaward.org.uk.