Queen’s Park councillor runs seventh marathon and raises money for Kensal Green charity
- Credit: Archant
A sporty councillor in Brent has taken part in his seventh marathon and raised more than £1,000 for a charity in Kensal Green.
Cllr James Denselow completed the New Forest Marathon yesterday in just three hours and 45 minutes in support of the Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens.
He said: “I’m really happy to have completed my seventh marathon for the wonderful Mayhew Animal Home.
“It was a beautiful run in the New Forest and despite the temperature being a little hotter than expected I managed to get through the 26 miles ok.
“I’d like to thank all those who sponsored and supported me.”
You may also want to watch:
It is the second time the Labour councillor for Queen’s Park has run for the rescue centre, one of the busiest animal welfare organisations in the capital which helps thousands of cats, dogs and other animals escape cruelty and abandonment.
In 2013 he laced his boots for the charity and pounded the 26-mile course in Bournemouth.
For more information about The Mayhew visit themayhew.org.
- 1 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 2 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 3 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 4 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'