Queen’s Park councillor runs Bournemouth Marathon in aid of The Mayhew
- Credit: Archant
A Queen’s Park councillor showed his love for all creatures great and small by running a marathon in aid of an animal charity in Kensal Green.
Cllr James Denselow raised more than £1,200 for the Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, by taking part in the 26.2mile race in Bournemouth on Sunday.
Cllr Denselow failed to allow the sweltering October temperatures of 20 degrees slow him down by finishing the race, his fourth marathon, in just three hours and 57 minutes.
He said: “I’d like to thank all those who sponsored me - my friends, family, fellow councillors and residents.
“There were a few more hills along the route than I expected but there was some great support along the way.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel very proud to have done my bit to support the vital work of the Mayhew.”
For more information about The Mayhew visit http://themayhew.org/
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed