Queen’s Park councillor runs Bournemouth Marathon in aid of The Mayhew
- Credit: Archant
A Queen’s Park councillor showed his love for all creatures great and small by running a marathon in aid of an animal charity in Kensal Green.
Cllr James Denselow raised more than £1,200 for the Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, by taking part in the 26.2mile race in Bournemouth on Sunday.
Cllr Denselow failed to allow the sweltering October temperatures of 20 degrees slow him down by finishing the race, his fourth marathon, in just three hours and 57 minutes.
He said: “I’d like to thank all those who sponsored me - my friends, family, fellow councillors and residents.
“There were a few more hills along the route than I expected but there was some great support along the way.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel very proud to have done my bit to support the vital work of the Mayhew.”
For more information about The Mayhew visit http://themayhew.org/
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man