Queen’s Park councillor gears up for eighth marathon
- Credit: Archant
A very sporty Queen’s Park councillor is lacing up his boots once again as he prepares to run his eighth marathon - though this time with a broken arm.
Cllr James Denselow, a middle-eastern analyst, will be running the Brighton Marathon next month to support Save the Children’s Syrian emergency response.
He started working for the charity in October seeing first hand their response to the Syrian conflict.
He said: “I’m excited about taking on a new Marathon down in Brighton this year and to be raising money for Save the Children’s work in Syria.
“I was shocked to read their latest research which showed that three million children in the country have known nothing but war in their short lifetime.
You may also want to watch:
“This year’s run will be especially difficult as I managed to break my arm in February playing football but I’m determined to complete the 26.2 miles!”
Among Cllr Denselow’s charity runs are two marathons for the Mayhew Animal Centre in Trenmar Gardens, Kensal Green, first in Bournemouth in 2013 then again in the New Forest in 2016.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
The charity is one of the busiest animal welfare organisations in the capital which helps thousands of cats, dogs and other animals escape cruelty and abandonment.
In 2015 he ran the Bethelem Marathon in March followed by the London Marathon a month later in support of Medical Aid for Palestinians.
To sponsor Cllr Denselow click here