Queen’s Park colleagues launch campaign to #donateasleepingbag
- Credit: Archant
Two employees from a Queen’s Park based company are asking residents to #donateasleepingbag having launched a campaign to give at least 500 to the homeless.
Caroline Brown and Simmone Gardiner, from Synergy Vision, based in the Coachworks, Kimberley Road need the public’s help to keep the homeless warm this winter in their campaign which runs from October 26 to November 9.
Members of staff at the medical communications company already donate food and clothes on a weekly basis to St Laurence’s Larder and Kitchen in Willesden Lane.
The company’s charity activities inspired the two colleagues to start the initiative #donateasleepingbag.
Ms Brown, an executive assistant, said: “It is getting so cold now and we wanted to do a little bit extra to help. We know that the issue of homelessness is a massive problem that we alone cannot solve, however, by providing sleeping bags to as many people as we can, will hopefully make things a little bit easier for them.
You may also want to watch:
“If people would like to donate a sleeping bag we currently have 4 drop off points and we are on the lookout for more.”
The bags will initially be distributed in Kilburn, Stonebridge, Brixton and Charing Cross.
- 1 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 2 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 3 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
Ms Brown added: “If we exceed our target we’ll look for more places to donate the sleeping bags to.
If you’d like to donate a sleeping bag the drop off locations are the Synergy Vision offices, St Laurence’s Larder, Sufra Food Bank and Kitchen in Pitfield Way, Stonebridge, Battersea Arts Centre in Lavender Hill, and Brixton Dominoes Community Centre in Coldharbour Lane.